Monitoring is a very important question today. Looking inside the running server, grab some statistic data or reconfigure some aspects are daliy adminstration tasks. It is required to monitor JBoss log files for any error, info, or debug events that are reported. It would be nicer, if we could generate alertable events for any change to a file which help us in measuring the impact of a config change and its effect on the health of your JBoss environment. We can do many basic tasks using JBoss built-in tools like web-based, JMX-Console and Web-console or by using command line tool -twiddle. However for advanced monitoring and management we recoomend to use JBoss Operations Network (JON). JON is an integrated management platform that simplifies the development, testing, deployment and monitoring of your JBoss Enterprise Middleware. From the JBoss Operations Network console you can inventory resources from the operating system to applications. Control and audit your application configurations to standardize deployments. Manage, monitor and tune your applications for improved visibility, performance and availability. The JBoss Operations Network (ON) management platform (server-agent) delivers centralized systems management for the JBoss Middleware product suite. Coordinate the many stages of application lifecycle and expose a cohesive view of your middleware components through complex environments. Improve operational efficiency and reliability through thorough visibility into production availability and performance and effectively manage configuration and rollout of new applications across complex environments with a single, integrated tool.
- Auto-discover application resources: Operating systems, applications and services
- From one console, store, edit and set application configurations
- Start. stop or schedule an action on an application resource
- Remotely deploy applications
- Monitor and collect metric data for a particular platform, server or service
- Alert support personnel based upon application alert conditions
- Assign roles for users to enable fine-grained access control to JBoss ON services
Taashee helps in implementing, configuring and training JBoss managers to use JON.