A QoS Enforcement Tool for Regulators
Taashee helps telecom regulatory bodies across the world in implementing premium standards for the realization of Quality of Service in the communications sector as assured to the customers by the ISPs. QoSMATTM is an advanced tool that enables regulators to collect QoS result sets or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in a controlled and consistent method. Being the only tool available to achieve compliance from ISPs, its patented technology provides a concrete way to define minimum technology-specific criteria (for instance 2G, 3G, 4G, EVDO, WiMax, DSL, Fiber or Cable broadband).
Objectives behind streamlining of QoS for ISPs
By making use of QoSMATTM, a telecom regulatory body is capable of assessing the performance of ISPs with respect to the Quality of Service (QoS) offered to their respective subscribers. Besides being a compliance tool, QoSMATTM serves as a proven means of conformity that has been capacitated to identify issues related to bandwidth performance and network quality pertaining to a specific telecom circle/cellular zone.
- Create transparency and standards to be monitored through predefined Quality of Service norms for Broadband which the service provider is required to offer and the user has a right to expect.
- Measure the Quality of Service for Broadband provided by the service providers from time to time and to compare them with the norms so as to assess the level of performance.
- Protect the interests of consumers of Broadband service and thus enhance consumer satisfaction.
As a matter of fact, it's been observed world over that often ISPs would not offer the kind of end-user experience as claimed in the offering they sell to their customers. The Quality of Internet access service is influenced by:
-Throughput ratio of access line (bandwidth/speed of individual access)
-Design of access architecture and dimensioning of aggregation network (overbooking of capacities)
-Service profile (design and policy of service creation)
-Implementation of other services relying on the same broadband infrastructure
QoSMAT is a unique tool that offers telecom regulators an effective & consistent way for ensuring that Internet Service Providers (ISPs) adhere to a certain QoS criteria set by Regulators in the interest of Internet consumers.
QoSMATTM holds the interests of end customers, regulatory bodies and ISPs in high regard by providing the accurate test results, and ensuring the implementation of standards. The result is that internet users receive higher level of service experience from ISPs during every instance. Also, it allows regulatory bodies to publish area-wise performance reports and trending information of participating ISPs on a cyclic basis thus encouraging transparency and healthy competition within ISPs to maintain quality standard. For ISPs, it allows them to set their own internal QoS goals to ensure that user experience continues to remain top notch and help them to stay ahead of the peck.
Benefits to Regulatory Bodies
It enables consigned telecom authorities such as a government regulatory body in:
- Realizing a consistent testing methodology that is fair for all providers
- Prompting for preventive actions to be taken resulting in the improvement of service quality levels among ISPs.
- Contributing towards the cause of service providers in avoiding customer attrition by suggesting necessary steps to be taken to improve network quality performance
- Ensuring that the QoS requirements are met with respect to the original bandwidth package offered to/chosen by the customers
- Enabling ISPs to meet regulatory standards as promised to the customers at the time of subscription to any of the bandwidth package/s selected.
- Generating reports in Analytical/Graphical formats as per user selection on a Daily/Weekly/Monthly basis giving the independence to customers in choosing ISPs based on quality and consistency of performance.
For Demo, Please fill our CONTACT US form.