Taashee have delivered various solutions to its customer for Disaster Recovery, some of them are as below
- Distributed Replicated Block Device - DRBD
- Vmware Site Recovery Manager
- Database Replication Techniques
- Other Methods
DRBD (Distributed Replicated Block Device):
It is a Distributed Replicated Block Device which is software based, shares nothing, replicated storage solution, mirroring the content of the block devices between the hosts.For example: Hard Disks, Partitions and Logical Volumes.
DRBD supports three distinct replication modes, allowing three degrees of replication synchronicity. In the context of two independent servers that provide independent storage resources. One of the servers is commonly defined as the primary and the other secondary.
Vmware Site Recovery Manager:
SRM is an extension to VMware vCenter Server that delivers a disaster recovery solution that helps you plan, test, and run the recovery of virtual machines. SRM can discover and manage replicated datastores, and automate migration of inventory between vCenter Server instances.
Features of SRM :
- Centralized recovery plans, create and manage recovery plan directly form VMware vCenter Server.
- Automated execution of discovery test, cleanup of testing environment after completing test.
- Monitor site available and alert users of possible failure.
- Support For Third-Party Storage-Based Replication, Leverage iSCSI, FibreChannel, or NFS-based storage replication solutions.
- Support for vSphere Replication.
- Flexible VM boot sequence, vCenter Site Recovery Manager now supports 4 VM boot sequence priority levels.
- Improved APIs, APIs provided at both protected and recovery sites.